March 22, 2009

NCAA Mascots

The first and second rounds are over. I am disapointed about the lack of teams with name "Utah" that made into the Sweet 16. But I'll get over it. That byu loss helps ease my pain. At least my Final Four is still intact!

There are some great mascots in college sports, here are a few of my favorite from the big dance. Please vote for your favorite.




Otto the Orange The Syracuse Orangemen. I never knew that New York was famous for it oranges. Seems like this should be more of a Florida thing.


Rudy FlyerThe Dayton Flyers. Jumpsuit, belt, big glasses -- who is this trendsetter, Posh Beckham?


The Blue BlobThe Xavier Musketeers. You would think they would have a guy with sword and big hat but no they decided to go with this thing. Maybe there just wasn't enough money in the mascot budget.


The Demon DeaconThe Wake Forest Demon Deacons. Abe Lincoln meets Kanye West. Hotttt.

The MountaineerThe West Virginia Mountaineers. Real men wear fringe, carry purses filled with water for m'lady.


BuckyThe East Tennessee State Buccaneers. A shirt that alludes to biceps and pecs! Um, genius.


The HighlanderThe Radford Highlanders. Naughty schoolgirl skirts will never, ever go out of style.


Big RedThe Western Kentucky Hilltoppers. What's a hilltopper? I'm not sure but I'm certain it's not this thing.

You'd think they could come up with some better names than "The (insert name of mascot here)".
Maybe next week I'll do a poll for who has the hottest cheerleaders? We'll see.

3 comments:

The Yospe's said...

I have a picture of you and I with the Dayton Flyer.

ScottBoomer said...

Ah yes, that great trip to Spokane WA. I think you also have a picture of us with the Dayton Univ. Cheerleaders.

The Yospe's said...

That's right! and in front of the Hooter's plane. I need to get you the pics.