January 19, 2010

Girlfriend

For those of you who don't know yet. I am dating again and actually have a girlfriend now. Her name is Ariane and we have been dating since October.




A little about her. She's originally from Rock Springs WY, she moved down to the Ogden area when she was about 14. She graduated from Bonneville High, where she played some sports and saxophone in the band. She then went to Weber State, where we met when I was a freshman and she was a sophomore. Years later I added her as a friend on facebook and had then worked up the nerve to ask her out this last fall.


She majored in music education at Weber State and was the band director and Layton and then North Ridge High schools for a couple of years before going back to school at the University of Utah to do her masters in music. She did some of the conducting for the marching band and leads the pep band at the women's basketball games.




She comes form a very talented family, every one sings and acts and is very musical. I am not how ever. Ariane is very talented and is so smart, funny and beautiful. She gets along so well with Lucy that Lucy will now go to her instead of me. Mostly because Ariane hasn't had to tell her "No" or punish her for anything yet or make her do any thing she doesn't want to do, so Lucy loves her.

Also a big plus Ariane is not a cubs, raiders or cougar fan. Which is very important to me and kind of a must.

Things have been great since we started dating. I haven't been this happy in a while, I'm sleeping better, feeling better and generally have less stress now.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm happy for you. It sounds like you're happy, and it sounds like Lucy is doing well with the situation. So, I hope you can stop worrying about what other people think.

No one else can tell you what's right for you or your daughter.

Sarah said...

Gosh dang it Scott! I still haven't met Ariane in this context!

Kirsten Knowles said...

YAY! That's so awesome you & Lucy definitely deserve to be happy!!

The Yospe's said...

Awesome! I'm excited for both of you! (Seeing how I know you both). Sounds like you're having a lot of fun!

Alesha said...

So happy for you Scott! :) I'm glad you've found someone. She sounds great!

Krissy said...

I approve and isn't my opinion really the only one that matters? Besides Lucy's, of course.

Tyler, Brooke, Britain, Braden and Beckham said...

Can't wait to meet her, all I've heard is great things!

Crystal said...

That's very happy news (of course with how well Grandma gossips it's not really new news, but I'm glad to hear it from you and not wonder about the details!). And anybody that did anything with the music program at Northridge is cool. I like her already :)

Jessica said...

sounds like she will fit well. I am glad you are where you are :D

Amy N. said...

YAY-we like Northridge so she must be pretty dang cool even if she isn't there anymore! Can't wait to meet her!