January 16, 2009

Tumor Update

In the past all of these "Tumor Updates" have been good news but unfortunately that is not the case this time.
Lariann had an appointment at the Huntsman Cancer Institute yesterday where they did another MRI. This time the news wasn't as good.
There is more tumor growing again so she is going to be going back on chemotherapy. The doctor hopes that the lower dose chemo that she had before will work again. For now she'll be taking the pills for five days each month and having an MRI every month to see if it is working.
Lariann's disappointed to be back on chemotherapy again. She had been off it for only a few months and was really starting to feel good again. But as she put it, "Feeling sick each month sure beats dieing.
I guess we've spoiled having things go so well for us for so long. Every thing that she's been doing has been working. And we expected it to continue to be that way so we were a little blindsided by this as was her doctor. We both new this could and probably would happen, we just both assumed that it would be farther into the future and that we could kind of live normal lives again for a little while.
That isn't the case this time and we just need to have faith that these treatments will work again for her.

5 comments:

Amy N. said...

So sorry to hear. You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck!

Crystal said...

I'm so sorry guys. Let me know if I can do anything to help out.

Alesha said...

That sucks! So sorry you're having to go through this in your family. Know you guys are in our prayers and thoughts. We'll keep the tumor shrinkage vibes headed your way!

Lindsay said...

Damn that tumor! I'll keep praying and being a friend (albeit a long distance one.)

(my word verification was "shent"---it amused me a little)

Ker said...

I'm so sorry to hear this! I know you can beat it though. Sending tumor shrinking vibes your way as well. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Call me if you need anything!