November 21, 2008

No More Tumor

Lariann went to the Doctors this last week and had another MRI. They decided that the body of the tumor is gone and that Lariann is done with chemotherapy for now. They will now just keep an eye it she will still go in for an MRI every 3 or 4 months to make sure it doesn't come back.

This is the best news we could have hoped for. When this happened 2 years ago we were told that 50% of the people with her type of tumor lived 5 years the other 50% didn't. So we were really looking at a 5 year window. Now it appears that the sky is the limit.

I've gotta say that Lariann is the bravest person I know, in spite of the fact that she won't watch horror movies. She hasn't hardly complained at all during her treatments except for when she started to loose her hair. I've never heard her ask,"Why me?" she's just shouldered her load and pushed ahead.

We feel so blessed to have these results. We are blessed to live in a time when the Lord has provided us with doctors, hospitals, medications and treatments to fight this disease. We are very grateful for all the prayers that everyone has made in Larianns behalf I know that they really do help. Finally I am grateful the the Lord has blessed her and made her well so that Lucy and I can have her in our lives for years to come.

8 comments:

Amy N. said...

Oh that is wonderful news! I am so glad to hear it. I have to agree that she is very brave and must have a lot of faith to be as strong as she has been. I am afraid I would be a big baby.

Dutch John Guymon said...

Scott,

I went visiting teaching tonight and was reminded that we still live in a world and a time where miracles do happen and this is just one of those!! I am so happy for all of you! I am sure that you are on cloud nine!! Don't let anything pull you down! You deserve to be happy for a long time!

Love,
Monica

Unknown said...

That's incredible! I know that all of this has been very difficult for you, and I hope that you continue to hold close all that is precious to you.

Crystal said...

Wonderful news! You both are examples to me. You are great! (I'd say "Thank you for being an example" but I wouldn't want to be thanked for going through an incredibly rough thing, so I won't...just know that I am grateful for the examples of strength and faith!). Happy day :)

Lindsay said...

I was so excited when Lari called and told me. It's incredible news and I'm so happy for you guys!

Ker said...

That is FANTASTIC news! So excited for all of you. Lari, you are one of the bravest, strongest people I know. Thanks for the great example and I miss walking!!

Carrie said...

I am too very happy to hear the good news! Lari is an example to everyone around, what a champ! :) Love you guys!

Becky said...

That is such good news for your family, give lari a big hug from the Shapiro's