July 15, 2010

Television

I would defiantly say I am a bit of a TV junkie. I have all ten seasons of “Friends” on DVD, six seasons of “Scrubs” and couple of seasons of “The Office”.
This last year though I expanded my horizons and added a couple of new shows to my favorites. It’s no coincidence that they both air on Thursday nights on NBC the same as “The Office”. I suppose I started watching them just to fill the time until it came on but while doing so these shows have really grown on me.

First is “Community”. It’s about a group of seven students from all different walks of life who join a Spanish study group at Greendale Community College. They become a very diverse group of friends and the show centers around their experiences at college.




Big Name Star:


Chevy Chase stars as Pierce, a man whose life experience has brought him infinite wisdom, or so he thinks.


“30 Rock” is about Liz Lemon the self destructing head writer for comedy sketch show, “TGS With Tracy Jordan”, who is forced to work with a group of needy actors/celebrities, a group of needy and socially awkward writers and her boss a prim and proper CEO. While trying to lead this group Liz also has various comical struggles with her personnel life which seem to become less personnel and more public at work.
This show came recommended by my friends Marc and Hali and they were definitely right about it.


Big Name Stars:
Alec Baldwin plays network executive Jack Donaghy


Tracy Morgan plays wild and unpredictable movie star Tracy Jordan


Tina Fey is executive producer, head writer and plays the self destructing head writer Liz Lemon

If you’re looking for some thing new to watch these two shows come highly recommended.

1 comment:

Sayyadina said...

I also LOVE those shows!! Now I have someone to quote them with. yay!