February 17, 2011

The Holy Grail

Last week Ariane and I went to see the musical “Spamalot” at Kingsbury Hall. We went with my brother in law John and his wife Liz and my sister in law Rachel and her husband Devin. The Evans family really loves this musical, Lariann and I went with her parents and Rachel and Devin about 3 years ago when it was playing at the Capitol theater.

It’s based on the 1975 British comedie movie “Monty Python and The Holy Grail” or as they put it, "A new musical lovingly ripped off from the motion picture "Monty Python and the Holy Grail""It’s pretty funny, though the humor is a little crude.

Coincidently my brother in law Jeff was cast in this same musical last August, in a theater in Maine.
He played Patsy the humble servant of King Arthur, who was played by Charles Shaughnessy, who starred as the Dad on "The Nanny" and is also on “Mad Men", but I can’t verify that since I’ve never seen either of those shows.

Here’s a peak at the musical that ran in Maine.



The movie “Monty Python and The Holy Grail” was one that my friends and I in high school enjoyed watching over and over and also quoted it over and over. I even showed it to my cousins Sarah and Melanie when they were in high school, they both loved it.

The movie isn’t a musical but there is one song in it. I hope you enjoy “Knights of The Round Table” from “Monty Python and The Holy Grail."


While the movie never won an academy award, though for the life of me I can’t figure out why, “Spamalot” won three Tony Awards, including the Tony Award for Best Musical of the 2004–2005 season. Ariane and I had a really good time and the musical was great.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You guys introduced me and I have been scarred since then. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :D

Unknown said...

I'm surprised that you didn't use the lego version of "Knight's of the round table" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjUoaOiErFo

I loved this musical. :)

Lindsay said...

Was Jeff in the Maine State Musical Theatre production? My friend Brandee was a dresser there this past summer!

I'm glad you guys were able to go see it!